Do you love fishing in shallow waters? indeed a good type of fishing to ever venture into. Shallow water fishing is another type of fishing which includes, fishing in the shallow river, shallow lake or pond. Fishing in the shallow pond is most familiar to anglers which contain a high concentration of moss.
Shallow water fish finders must have a high-frequency sonar capability with extensive angle range coverage, and to provide better resolution.
There are varieties of fish finders on the market, but we have gathered the best fish finder for shallow water fishing.
Best Fishfinder For Shallow Water:
- HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder and a HD Color Virtuview Display
- FishHunter PRO
- Venterior Portable Fish Finder and a Wireless Sonar Sensor Fishfinder Depth Locator
- Venterior Portable Fish Finder with Wired Sonar Sensor Transducer and LCD Display
#1. HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder and HD Color Virtuview Display
HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder is convenient and portable which can be used for kayaking and also for shallow water fishing. It applies only four triple-A battery, so you don’t need to use a 12-volt battery, and also you don’t need to mount this fish finder on your boat permanently. It has a High Definition color VirtuView display with backlight.
This device is equipped with fishtrax bright dual sonar beam, with a frequency ranging between 83 kHz to 200 kHz. This means you can simply tune the sonar reading for deep or shallow water. It also comes with a depth indicator up to 240 feet capable of displaying weed and rock.
The transducer comes with a float with a 30 feet cable. You can mount the sensor on your boat, or if you are fishing from the river bank, you can tie it to the side. Also, the float is adjustable.
- Portable and easy to use
- Only needs four triple-A batteries
- Has a dual sonar beam of 83 & 200kHz
- Not airtight (waterproof)
- Battery life is bad
#2. Fish Hunter Pro
Fish hunter pro is the only Tri-frequency wireless and portable fish finder that can work on Android, Apple, and Tablet. Which means you can choose from three frequencies – 381kHz, 475kHz, and 675kHz thereby giving you a super high resolution.
Connecting your phone to FishHunter Pro through the FishHunter Pro App is pretty easy, and its wireless connection is super faster than Bluetooth. The good thing about it is that you don’t need to use your cellular data or home Wi-Fi router because this depth finder has its built-in Wi-Fi chip with a range of 150ft or 45 meters.
- Option to choose shallow water range
- Tri-Frequency Transducer (381kHz, 475kHz, and 675kHz) give a clear picture
- Bathymetric mapping allows creating custom maps
- Gives an accurate data on shallow or deep water
- Gives a simplified view of detected fish
- Battery is long lasting
- If you troll at speed more than 2.5MPH, then you might face some wireless connection problem.
- 4-hour charge time
#3. Venterior Portable Fish Finder and a Wireless Sonar Sensor Fishfinder Depth Locator
This is a portable budget fish finder which is low-budget friendly. This depth finder has a color LCD that is capable of displaying fish size, water temperature, depth of the water as well as bottom contour.
You won’t need a long cable for your transducer as it’s a wireless fish locator.
Venterior Portable Fish Finder comes with a depth range of 2ft-148ft which good enough for shallow water fishing. The sonar beam has a 90° angle and can display fish in a 90° angle.
- Low-budget friendly
- Sturdy enough to cast into shallow water
- Comes with a white LED backlight
- Cannot be used in daylight because of it lowlight intensity
#4. Venterior Portable Fish Finder with Wired Sonar Sensor Transducer and LCD Display:
This device has a wired sonar sensor transducer with the cable of transducer which is 25ft long. The LCD has a green backlight. Also, you don’t need to worry about that bright sunlight anymore, because it has got an anti-UV LCD.
This fish finder meets the specification of shallow water fishing. The display displays estimated fish location, rocks on the river bank, weeds and sand. However, the sensor beam angle is only 45°, but it will still do the work.
This device can operate at a temperature of -20°C to 70°C, which means, this can also be used for ice fishing. This portable fish finder is perfect for fishing in the lake, Small River, pond, and shallow water. You can also use this on a moving kayak or boat but don’t go above five mph.
- Small, portable and suitable for shallow water fishing
- Waterproofed transmitter
- Anti-UV LCD Display
- Screen and device not waterproof
- Cannot read size of the fish
- Cannot detect Small fish (less than 10cm) or motionless fish (bait fish).
#5. Garmin 010-01809-00 Striker 7Sv
The Striker 7SV features Garmin’s exclusive CHIRP ClearVü™ and Garmin CHIRP SideVü™ technology in a large 7” diagonal screen to give you an incredibly clear view of the both underneath and around your boat as you cruise your favorite waterways in search of the catch of the day.
The impressive 260/455/800 kHz side and down scans give you such a clear picture of the water column that you will think that you’re almost watching a video of the passing lake bottom.
The GPS system of the Striker 7SV includes the ability to map and save your favorite fishing areas, that provides for saving waypoints to mark hotspots, spawning areas, entry and exit points.
The Striker 7SV GPS actively tracks your trolling speed to help you make sure you are trolling your lure at just the right speed to be able to attract active species without going so fast that you outrun them, or too slow that they lose interest.
- Easy to use, significantly featured fish finder.
- Precision GPS locating, with waypoint mapping.
- Bright and clear display.
- GPS maps are not highly detailed.